In this article we will discuss about the Bonded Warehouse Licence in Bangladesh. Bonded Warehousing facility allows export-oriented industries to import inputs/raw materials and packaging materials without paying any duty or tax. Depending on the types of inputs/raw materials used, the purpose of their use, and the type of exports, bonded warehouses are basically of two categories: Special bonded warehouse and general bonded warehouse.
- Special bonded warehouse applies to 100% export-oriented readymade garments industries, which include woven garments, knitwear and sweater manufacturing industries.
- General bonded warehouse applies to other 100% export-oriented industries.
As per the Customs Act, 1969, the National Board of Revenue (NBR) provides Bonded Warehousing beneﬁts to a wide range of industries. There are a considerable number of Statutory Regulatory Orders (SROs)/standing orders and oﬃce orders issued by the NBR and the Customs Bond Commissionerate’s on this matter.
Documents required for Bonded Warehouse Licence in Bangladesh
- Application with appropriate revenue stamp
- BIDA/BSCIC registration certiﬁcate
- Company TIN and Certiﬁed copy of wealth statement issued by Income Tax Department (IT-10B) for all directors/owner
- Trade Licence
- Fire Licence
- Value added tax (VAT) Registration certiﬁcate (Business Identiﬁcation Number-BIN)
- Recommendation by concern business association (if applicable). If applicant is not member of association, he can apply without recommendation for Bond Licence.
- Name, designation, present and permanent address, signature and photo attached/put on non-judicial stamp of value BDT 300/-of owner/directors. It should be duly notarized by competent authority and be attested by the lien bank(s).
- Boiler certiﬁcate (if applicable)
- Original copy of Memorandum and Article of Association and Certiﬁcate of Incorporation issued by RJSC&F (if applicant is a company)
- Purchase document for machinery. Invoice and Bills of Entry for import and VAT invoice for
- Two copies of layout plan of factory. It could be ammonia printed and duly signed by
- Deed of land/space ownership or duly notarized rental deed (in case of rental space)
- Aﬃdavit to follow the law, rules and procedures on non-judicial stamp of value BDT 300/-by Managing Director/Proprietor/Sole Partner. It could be duly notarized by competent authority
- Certiﬁcate from lien bank(s) that the applicant has ﬁnancial strength to submit General
Bond of appropriate amount of money
- Treasury receipt for deposited license fee (BDT 10,000/)