As a Foreign Investor to set up a business in Bangladesh you may need utility connection from the concern authority. Gas, Electricity, Water Supply, Cable Line, Telephone Line these are normally utilities connection available in Bangladesh.
Gas Connection in Bangladesh
Following are the companies transmitting and distributing natural gas in designated franchise areas of Bangladesh.
- Titas Gas Transmission and Distribution Company Limited
- Bakhrabad Gas Distribution Company Limited
- Jalalabad Gas Transmission and Distribution System Limited
- Pashchimanchal Gas Company Limited
- Karnaphuli Gas Transmission Limited
- Sundarban Gas Transmission Limited
The application for an industrial gas connection can be ﬁled online. The copy of a form can also be collected from a speciﬁc bank or from the company’s oﬃces. The application fee is BDT 300, which is subject to periodic revisions. The fee has to be submitted to a zone oﬃce or to the head of a regional oﬃce in the form of a crossed check or a pay order.
Documents Required For industrial Gas Connection:
- Two (2) attested passport-size photographs
- Updated trade license
- Solvency certiﬁcate
- Proof of land ownership (deed, receipt, holding number)
- If the place of business is a rented property, the applicant will have to submit rental agreement. In this case, a security deposit worth the bill value of six months is required.
- Design of the proposed internal line (4 copies)
- Technical catalogue (for boiler, dryer, oven etc.)
- If the catalogues are unavailable because the machineries are locally manufactured/assembled or old, then detailed drawings of the machineries in question will have to be submitted.
- The prior commissioned load will have to be readjusted based on the load imposed by the machineries.
Due to an order of the Ministry of Power, Energy and Mineral Resources, new gas connections to commercial entities are not being provided. However, applications for new connections are being processed through a committee.
Electricity connection in Bangladesh
A commercial consumer can get access to electricity by ﬁling an online application. Depending on the consumer’s location, Dhaka Electricity Supply Company Limited (DESCO), West Zone Power Distribution Company Limited (WZPCL), Northern Electricity Company Limited (NESCO) or the Rural Electriﬁcation Board (REB) is authorized to provide a new connection. The same set of documents are required for getting electricity in any part of Bangladesh.
Documents Required for Electricity Connection in Bangladesh
Commercial and industrial customers:
- Signed copy of the application form.
- Two attested passport size photographs.
- National ID/copy of passport.
- Attested copy of registered deed of ownership/occupancy.
- In the absence of the land’s owner, a succession certiﬁcate will be required.
- If the applicant already has a connection for a location, and is seeking another connection for that same location, a bill copy and no other documents will be required.
- Fire certiﬁcate if the building exceeds 10 stories.
- Attested copy of the building plan approved by RAJUK (Capital Development Authority)/City corporation.
- Attested copy of document regarding holding no. issued by City Corporation/competent authority (if necessary).
- In case of an HT connection, certiﬁcate from the Electric License Board and layout plan of the meter room.
Water Supply/Sewerage Connection in Bangladesh
Dhaka Water Supply and Sewerage Authority (WASA), under the Ministry of Local Government and Rural Development & Cooperatives is responsible for supplying water in major cities.
- Filled in application form
- Building plan, site plan and ownership document of land
- Land clearance or mutation certiﬁcate
- Existing or proposed plumbing system